Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Feeling Judders
This is my second go.  It's such a great song but not the easiest recordings to deal with, and not consistently dodgy, either.  Sounds like the guitars were overloading the mic's at times, maybe?
There's still more I'd like to do if I get the time, but this will do for now.  Maybe a bit more midrange bite to the rhythm guitars, a bit less upper mid bite to the lead guitar, and that solo doesn't fit with the tonality of the rest of the song as it is right now.  Not sure if the BV's are too bright compared to the lead vocal still...

.mp3    The_Feeling_Judders.mp3 --  (Download: 6.78 MB)

Hi,

Tough one this - hard to get just the right amount of 'trash'.

Yeah this feels just a touch midrangey for me.  Just a touch too much 2k ish or somewhere around there that is bothering me a little I think.

Maybe needs a little more low end to balance it out perhaps, not sure... a little more 150 in the mix and some 800ish or in the bass perhaps, not sure. 

Saying that, the library mix I found a little bright and lacking in low end too.  Your mix is much better in comparison, and only needs a few minor tonal tweaks I think.

I found this somewhat interesting playlist on youtube that may or may not be of use: Youtube Link

Not sure if this helps any, good mix otherwise!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thanks for the detailed post!

Yeah, I think the lead guitar is the main culprit for the upper mid harshness, maybe the BV's too. I was leaving the mids out of the bass for the most part, so that it could live with the rhythm guitars. Definitely needs further tweaking, but if I didn't post something now I would probably never get around to it!

Thanks for the playlist, I'm checking it out now.
Very nice mix, great vocals! Good job! Smile
Thanks Mike! Smile