Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guarna - Nuvole
Hi,

My mix.

Cheers!

.mp3    Guarna - Nuvole.mp3 --  (Download: 8.13 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hey Mike I think this is a smooth and controlled mix Smile I'd like the main synth a bit louder though but the rest sounds really good. I like it when the mids in the drums are defining them. I also like the trade between low-end in kick and bassguitar.
Hi!

Thanks for checking it out and for the comments. I've been trying to work a bit more on getting a good mix balance.

I dunno, I think the synth is about right for me. I feel I could maybe even high pass it a little higher I think! Yeah, I was trying for a bit of a more urban/rap feel for the drums, but wanted to keep that kind of light feeling also. I felt the drums in the library mix were just a little too bright and perhaps lacking a little weight - perhaps just a bit too much top end. They were trying to keep the drums away from the vocals I suspect.

Slightly embarrasingly I don't understand what the lyrics mean, so I suspect the light feeling might have something to do with them.

I must have got lucky with the kick and bass. I didn't do anything special with it. It crossed my mind but I didn't bother with any sidechaining or anything in the end.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi... just my two cents...! Smile

very solid mix... the only "correction" i suggest you is the verse because synth are a little bit high and voice are behind of this.. but for rest i like it.. Good work..! Smile
Hi mikej! I like your version Smile