Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: APZX - Amalgamize
(11-02-2014, 08:38 AM)APZX Wrote: You know I rather like this mix. Compared to the original it is very dry . . .

That was the sound I was going for; I decided to keep the reverb effects subtle so it sounded more like the old Commodore 64 games I grew up with. Wink

(11-02-2014, 08:38 AM)APZX Wrote: . . . just curious if you remember but that reverb you used in the beginning was it a plate style by chance? Cause I just love the digitalness of it!

No, I'm sorry I don't remember. I can tell you, though, that my only mixing tools (in large part due to budget limitations) are GarageBand and Audacity, and I use Audacity mostly for the final mastering; whatever reverb I used was either a stock GarageBand presets or a modification of one. I usually start with GarageBand's presets then, if I don't find anything which has an effect I like, then I either modify a preset or build an effect from scratch. Smile

(11-02-2014, 08:38 AM)APZX Wrote: The only thing I have a complaint about is the upper harmonics on the bass. I wish there were more.

As a matter of taste I do tend to prefer deeper bass, and this was one of my earliest mixes so I wasn't as experienced in balancing EQ as I am now. Wink

(11-02-2014, 08:38 AM)APZX Wrote: Fun fact about the original track. It was composed completely with a single VST synthesizer, Poly-Ana.

Which might explain why it sounds so much like a vintage 80s computer. A sound I like. Big Grin

(11-02-2014, 08:38 AM)APZX Wrote: I don't come here as often as I should. But I do pop my head in from time to time.

Well, I hope you get a chance to take a listen to my mix of Lacuna soon. Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: APZX - Amalgamize - by Pedaling Prince - 12-02-2014, 10:11 AM