Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V.M.GY - The Crown (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A very good performance and recording, but way outside my comfort zone in regard to mixing. Anyway, I did try and this is my mix. Thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!

.mp3    V.M.GY - The Crown.mp3 --  (Download: 14.01 MB)

not bad at all. just some minor tweaks here and there and you got something good going.

the top thing for me is.. the kick is masked way too much by bass.. kick has too much boominess on the double kick parts.. you should notch some lows out to make it more effective.
Yes nice heinim! Didn't know you liked metal, i believe you must to come close to this good mixing, really big and ballsy and smashed in the right way! I wonder why the master is so choppy though is it some sidechaining or LFO going on? It contributes to get that fast sound but for me it's to obvious at some spots but really cool when blastbeats play and some other places, but it sounds like it's the kick that causes this? But I don't bother to that much about it since it is sick that you know that these things can contribute more then it ruins many times, very ballsy and creative. I loove the lowend in the kick just some tiny highend boost or more like highmid and it would be world class.
(12-06-2021, 07:10 PM)Shul Wrote: not bad at all. just some minor tweaks  here and there and you got something good going.

the top thing for me is.. the kick is masked way too much by bass.. kick has too much boominess on the double kick parts.. you should notch some lows out to make it more effective.
Hi Shul! Thank you for the comments. This was a challenge for me so any advise are appreciated. Cheers!
(12-06-2021, 09:44 PM)crownoise Wrote: Yes nice heinim! Didn't know you liked metal, i believe you must to come close to this good mixing, really big and ballsy and smashed in the right way! I wonder why the master is so choppy though is it some sidechaining or LFO going on? It contributes to get that fast sound but for me it's to obvious at some spots but really cool when blastbeats play and some other places, but it sounds like it's the kick that causes this? But I don't bother to that much about it since it is sick that you know that these things can contribute more then it ruins many times, very ballsy and creative. I loove the lowend in the kick just some tiny highend boost or more like highmid and it would be world class.
Hi crownoise! Many thanks for the comments and yes, I do like metal or any genre for that matter as long as it's done the way it gets to me. You are right about the choppiness it's the compressor on the master with a kick trigger ducking just for experimenting and I felt it gave the track something. Cheers!
Nice mix!