Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfolkin - Sant Jordi v2.0 (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A fun and fine song a to mix. This is my try so thanks for listening. Cheers!

.mp3    Catfolkin - Sant Jordi v2.0.mp3 --  (Download: 9.09 MB)

I agree that this is a fun song. You've made some interesting choices - violin over flute in the solo section. It wasn't my choice but it's 100% legit. My general feedback is that you might consider a bit more time finding the right balance. I feel like the song just needs a bit more time.

1) I recommend more accordion and trimming back Guitar in the first 30 seconds. The accordion is what's going to move the song forward so bringing that up will give the song some momentum early. It might be an interesting effect to swell the accordion from where you have it at 0:00 until 0:24 at maximum mix level. Might build some excitement? Just an idea.

2) Voice seems a bit hot and dry. It's not sitting quite right to me.

3) Circa 1:48 you can hear the snare drum choking out the mix. Not sure what's going on there.

4) Something is happening around 3:09->end with the drums. I feel like you're clipping the input signal on something. Your output meters might show green but check your input levels to your plugins. I can't quite get it sorted in my ears without turning some stuff off to debug but maybe you'll hear it and immediately know. In fact, now that I listen to it more, I think it's happening in the entire song but it isn't always noticeable.

Anyway, it's just what I hear and I might be off. Don't take what I write as gospel. You're doing good work Smile
(12-06-2021, 07:48 PM)DiscoDynamo Wrote: I agree that this is a fun song.  You've made some interesting choices - violin over flute in the solo section. It wasn't my choice but it's 100% legit. My general feedback is that you might consider a bit more time finding the right balance. I feel like the song just needs a bit more time.

1) I recommend more accordion and trimming back Guitar in the first 30 seconds.  The accordion is what's going to move the song forward so bringing that up will give the song some momentum early.  It might be an interesting effect to swell the accordion from where you have it at 0:00 until 0:24 at maximum mix level.  Might build some excitement?  Just an idea.

2) Voice seems a bit hot and dry.  It's not sitting quite right to me.

3) Circa 1:48 you can hear the snare drum choking out the mix.  Not sure what's going on there.

4) Something is happening around 3:09->end with the drums. I feel like you're clipping the input signal on something.  Your output meters might show green but check your input levels to your plugins. I can't quite get it sorted in my ears without turning some stuff off to debug but maybe you'll hear it and immediately know.  In fact, now that I listen to it more, I think it's happening in the entire song but it isn't always noticeable. 

Anyway, it's just what I hear and I might be off.  Don't take what I write as gospel.  You're doing good work Smile
Hello DiscoDynamo! Many thanks for the suggestions. I will look into it and do another mix later on. Cheers!