Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix of The Crown
Fun and interesting project that has plenty of challenges, could spend forever getting ideas and fine tuning.
I hope you enjoy!

.mp3    TheCrownF .mp3 --  (Download: 14.22 MB)

.mp3    TheCrownCustRev1 .mp3 --  (Download: 14.22 MB)

Everyone hears it a little different....
House of Bedlam - YouTube
I like the eq choises in this mix. Cool to hear a bassy kick for once not often you hear that. Snare for me is a bit middy though and lacks bass and highend. This mix was good and i dig it but i think the mastering could be worked more on as you said, some final tweaks to get it really good. I think the problem is some sort of clipping that is to fast or like doesnt let thru any Dunamics, i don't know if i'm just babbling but for me i feel that there are clipping that lets transients and dynamics thru better then other clippers, but i rarely use clipping i more use limiting. But maybe this isnt the problem, i think maybe some good transients shapers or drum plugs could make this mix even better. I remember that i used a plug that is called drum leveler from Sound radix long time ago but i cant afford it atm Sad, its sick! I think when equing a kick into a bassy one you could benefit from this plugin since it really acts on like every single drum hit that you want to and levels them out and making the other hits if its a live drum gated. Your kick sounds good though its more your snare and i know dealing with metal when hits are like super fast its very hard to make the bass in the kick punchy so you did that really good but with this plug i think its alot easier if you don't own it already. https://www.soundradix.com/products/drum-leveler/ Anyway i think its a mix that is well on its way and it sounds cool to me.
This isnt mastered per say, just a basic mix. Thanks for the feedback, i am actually using that plug on it (leveler) love it.... it was way more out of control originally to me, i am para Comping the drums, maybe its a little heavy?!?! Im gonna do a cust revis, tell me if its more to your ear.
The rev sounds better Smile.
I listening TheCrownCustRev1. Very nice. Good job!
Thank you!