Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE CROWN MIX
mix of "The Crown", by VMGY. Feedback will be appreciated

.mp3    thecrown.mp3 --  (Download: 14.27 MB)

I think you are using too much room mic on the drums. Making your snare cloudy.
Bass sounds good though I'd use a de esser on or on that fret buzz just to tame it more.
You need to get rid of delay on the vocals.. no vocals for death metal have delay like that. unless of course it just a specific part and for a reason.
Guitars sound good I like the leads they sound very nice.
(07-06-2021, 07:59 AM)Shul Wrote: I think you are using too much room mic on the drums. Making your snare cloudy.
Bass sounds good though I'd use a de esser on or on that fret buzz just to tame it more.
You need to get rid of delay on the vocals.. no vocals for death metal have delay like that. unless of course it just a specific part and for a reason.
Guitars sound good I like the leads they sound very nice.
Hey! Thank you! Yes, I didn't realize the snare issue but since drums are so fast and brutal I though maybe add it so it doesn't get too dry. I add the delay and reverb in the voice for the same reason, I though that maybe that effect could add some space to make the voice more ominous, but yes, maybe sticking to genre particularities would be better
Nice mix Jesus ,Smile it's a good thing having the balls to use the room mics, makes it sound bigger and less boring gj Smile