Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crownoise - Guarna: 'Nuvole'
This was fun and im well aware of a very wet mix that is quite slammed but, nice song and this is my mix, glad to hear yours aswell Smile

.mp3    Nuvole.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

Sounds good to me. I like your take on it. I don't mind the FX, quite pleasant actually. The only beef I got is the extra top end of the snare, hats, guitars, synths, and the heavily fx'ed voice together. They sound like you can shave a little off of some.
Hey crow. those FX's are very creative, very original mix, u got the moves pal.
Personally i don't complete get it but i applaud the effort.
Cheers Pal!
(12-06-2021, 11:01 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: Sounds good to me. I like your take on it. I don't mind the FX, quite pleasant actually. The only beef I got is the extra top end of the snare, hats, guitars, synths, and the heavily fx'ed voice together. They sound like you can shave a little off of some.
Hey Sonic Smile Yes i know this, i did go on top on purpose with the highend for this one to see where the roof for the highend would go haha! Smile It is too much, i think when going extreme on something its important to check it the day after. I kinda like that i hurts my ears a bit , i often go to shy on those frequencies many times so oddly enough i am a bit happy if its loud and just hurts your ears a little bit haha! If that makes sence? But yes, it also comes down to monitoring level, i think my highend sounds good on lower volumes but it is very spiky at higher volumes. I felt that the synths needed alot of it and then i think i tried to over compensate for the other elements that needed to compete for the highend aswell, you can hear alot of "pops" in the highend in the synth and i was like aw man you really need this highend but it is crapping out up there, but i left it that way anyway. If i'd automate out some of those spikes afterwards and also as you said controll the highend that way aswell with automation i'd be really happy with this mix.
(13-06-2021, 02:11 AM)Unknow Mixer Wrote: Hey crow. those FX's are very creative, very original mix, u got the moves pal.
Personally i don't complete get it but i applaud the effort.
Cheers Pal!
Hi mate Smile Thanks! Big Grin Yes i got overboard on the creatives and also pushed some stuf a bit much to try and get a really effectfull sound. It got a bit much listening again but yea it was fun. I think i had alot of superhighend like 15khz and up on alot of things and tried to compress it afterwards and so on, its very hard to do it that way and often gets really weird but it almost worked for this one. Its weird though, many times when i am listening through my phone its brighter then via my macbook pro, and seriously i notice alot of highend dynamics comming back when i dim my screen of the laptop lol and since i mixed late at night i had the strenght of the screen turned down alot to not wake my gf so that makes the highend less dynamic and breathing less when i listen thru my laptop with a normal screen strenght (also you lack some of the highend perception when you get tired since your ears get tired), i think its interacting with the soundcard somehow since the components are so close to eachoter, or if it has to do with some powersupply stuf. The vocals where very poppy in the lowend so automating this out would be recommended but i didn't, i have seen CLA do this alot of times to not get his compressor go nuts on those p's. I think though that this matter of the highend being affected by the screen absolutely can get explained by the fact that all types of impressions alters your perception of what you are hearing, but if i close my eyes and alter between a screen that is on vs of i do hear a really slight difference but its more obvious when looking at the screen. Anyway just some weird of topic stuff that i like get weird about, see you later.
Hi!

Yeah, a bit too much reverb for me I think overall.

I do really like what you did with the synth in the intro. I'm guessing the artifacts there are from reverb and whatever, but it does put in my mind that a vinyl crackle sample or even some effect like the newer free izotope vinyl could work very well there.. start off with the crackly band limited vinyl sound then open it up, or something could be very cool.

I feel just dialling back the reverb, and knocking back the limiting a touch, but retaining the low end impact would result in a better mix here for me I think?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi mate Smile Thanks! Big Grin Yes i got overboard on the creatives ....

Very interesting that the brite of your screen afects your the sound of your mixes. Maybe thats your secret, and actually is not very smart revealing this (KIDDING). If you get your ears tired maybe will be good to have some rest and come back fresh. I do this a least three times on each mix. 
Cheers Pal!