Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CROWN - (3 hour mix)
Cool song.. tried to put some beef to it. I hope I did justice to it. Not sure about the voice volume.. maybe  more? less? 
anyhow, leave your thoughts.

.mp3    CROWNMIX.mp3 --  (Download: 13.85 MB)

.mp3    CROWNMIX2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.85 MB)

You got no snare during many parts. Mix needs more superlowend feels thin, might be the guitars that feel scooped in bass.
(07-06-2021, 01:56 PM)crownoise Wrote: You got no snare during many parts. Mix needs more superlowend feels thin, might be the guitars that feel scooped in bass.
Thanks for the comment crownoise. I did boost super low end on the kick.. and just the typical highpass on guitars at around 100hz. having said that I did some cuts on the 200hz area but it doesn't sound thin in my car or headphones.. perhaps I should compare to a reference mix. Any bands you might know that come to mind where the guitars are very rich in the low end?

may be i'm using the wrong reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaJ2UHiTa0o

Don't know many bands that's just something off a youtube search Would be nice if you can provide a reference mix to your liking.

About the snare yeah I agree. I'm not a fan of boosting blast beats on snare as they sound like a machinegun to my taste.. so whatever natural volume they have I just stick to it. Something I know I probably do wrong. .but I just can't stand it Lol. nothing a double track can't fix though.
I listening CROWNMIX2, very nice mix! I like it a lot. Good job!
Thanks for feedback mike