Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Coltraine - Thats How I Got To Memphis (MIX/MASTER)
I got some fun on this.
i did some new try outs on some new plugins
Hope you like it,
feedbacks are appreciated

Edit: New version (V2) many thanks for the feedbacks. 
Trying' to fix the levels on FX's vocals and others details.

Edit 2: New work. I tried to do something different.

.mp3    Chris_Coltraine_Thats_How_I_Got_To_Memphis_(MIX_MASTER)_[Unknow_Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 9.19 MB)

.mp3    Chris_Coltraine_Thats_How_I_Got_To_Memphis_(V2)_[Unknow_Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 9.23 MB)

.mp3    Chris_Coltraine_Thats_How_I_Got_To_Memphis_(V3)_[Unknow_Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

Hey there, I find that echo on the lead vocal to be a bit distracting. Otherwise, not bad  Smile
(04-06-2021, 05:41 PM)jeffssoloband Wrote: Hey there...
jeffssoloband  Thank you for the feedback. i really appreciate it.
I will add a new file with less fx on the main vox. Im so glad that besides the echo effect you can find "right" the track. 
Thanx again Pal. Cheers! Smile
Hey Mr.Unkown,

I have to agree with Jeff on both points, the delay is very distracting and the mix is not bad.

But, I hear some low rumble in the side channel and an overall weakly defined low end. Perhaps this is caused by a reverb effect or something. The drums seem a bit bright to me aswell, borderline harsh sounding.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel
(05-06-2021, 02:28 PM)LukasL Wrote: Hey Mr.Unkown,...
Hi Lukas. Thanks a lot for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I am 26 years old, so am not a Mr. yet. (Kidding LOL)
I will upload a new version with less FX on the main vox on the next few days.
On the subject of the drums, that was actually were i aimed to
, big, brite and present, maybe was to much? 
The low rumble: I made a high pass at 190Hz on sides, and even made some ajusments to the reverb and the echo FX, but apears that wasn't enough. 
Weak bass: actually for this particular track, i wasn't aiming to have a strong low energy, i think the track it has much low energy elements, maybe 'cos the lead vocal has a low register, so i tryed to made a "middle energy track" 
I will give it a listen to your work.
 Cheers pal!