Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Crown - my mix
Hi. This is my mix for this song. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for listening to it.

.mp3    The Crown MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 13.85 MB)

The low end is very clean, but the lead guitars are EXTREMELY screechy in the 3-5khz region, especially over the already 4k heavy track. Overall the balance is pretty nice. The vocals are a little buried. Some 1khz to 2khz would make sense for them to occupy because those areas are pretty scooped in the instrumental track. They could come out more. I loved the effects you put on the weird atmospheric guitars. You make me wish I'd done the same honestly!
Overall, good mix! Just needs some balancing of the vocals and lead guitars, and the bass KINDA fits the kick a little bit when they're both resonating at like 90hz a couple of times.
(31-05-2021, 01:49 AM)aftercutrecords Wrote: The low end is very clean, but the lead guitars are EXTREMELY screechy in the 3-5khz region, especially over the already 4k heavy track. Overall the balance is pretty nice. The vocals are a little buried. Some 1khz to 2khz would make sense for them to occupy because those areas are pretty scooped in the instrumental track. They could come out more. I loved the effects you put on the weird atmospheric guitars. You make me wish I'd done the same honestly!
Overall, good mix! Just needs some balancing of the vocals and lead guitars, and the bass KINDA fits the kick a little bit when they're both resonating at like 90hz a couple of times.
Thanks for your feedback.
Honestly I don´t have reference about this kind of music, so I really didn´t know if vocals are more buried or not.... I will fix it now.
Cheers!!! Smile Smile