Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over the top - voelund
Learnin new techniques came in handy here - the middlepiece didnt make sense to me at all, till I found the cymbal were keepin time, only problem was it were very hard to isolate, as it were played really soft and tom hits became too big when I tried to eq the overheads only. I ran OH through an M/S matrix just there and eq`d tge s part only and ran it through a flanger. That did the trick for me.
Multed some guitar parts to make more dynamic and tonal interest.
Spent a lot o time eqíng kick and snare.
Im not too unhappy with the result. Yet. You may tell me diffrent Big Grin

.mp3    Over the top 02 lim M_S.mp3 --  (Download: 9.13 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I really like your mixes. It sounds to me like you using some analog outboard here. Do you? Smile They are soft and smooth but in good way
Thx man ! I must admit I mix in the box, but my ears work that way and I choose my plugins and settings reflecting what I like.
Thank you !!
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Voelund, I think your mix is well balanced and the kick and bass work nicely together. The time EQing the kick no doubt. I will say that I think the snare could use a bit more crack but then again I'm not a fan of the raw drum tracks to begin with. Anyhow, nice job.
Wherever you go...there you are
Thx man. After hearing amphibians snare I agree with you.
That really rocks.
- Vocal is a bit too kicked back with the reverb.
- Solo could be a bit raunchier.
+ Drums sound really good.
+ Really good mix over all!

Of course these are my humble opinion. Take what ever you like with you, throw away the rest. Cheers! Smile
mix is really well balanced. the voice sounds a lil muffled. i like the bass a lot. transitions are very dynamic. the kick is maybe a little too much pounding. nice gtrs sound. beautiful solo sounds. good job!