Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyeez and the Whiteflies - Jump Across
Here's my mix! Enjoyed mixing this quite a bit!

.mp3    Skyeez and the Whiteflies - Jump Across.mp3 --  (Download: 8.83 MB)

It feels a little off to me. It's got a hollow quality. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's just in the center? Hard panned tracks feel ok like the acoustic and some guitar parts. Did you do some M/S processing on this?
(22-05-2021, 06:31 PM)RoyM Wrote: It feels a little off to me. It's got a hollow quality. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's just in the center? Hard panned tracks feel ok like the acoustic and some guitar parts. Did you do some M/S processing on this?
Hey, no, I didn't do any M/S processing on this. But I think I might've been a little too heavy handed with the stereo widening on the OH/Room tracks and the backing vocals.

What do you think of this one? I bypassed the stereo widening plugins and it kinda sounds more focused to me. Not sure if this is the hollowness you are referring to. Let me know!

.mp3    Skyeez and the Whiteflies - Jump Across_2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.83 MB)

Yeah, that fixed it. Though I am missing the cymbals. They're there but faint.
(23-05-2021, 12:31 PM)RoyM Wrote: Yeah, that fixed it. Though I am missing the cymbals. They're there but faint.
Hey, thanks for the feedback! I wanted to do it yesterday, but decided to come back with fresher ears today. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    Skyeez and the Whiteflies - Jump Across_3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.83 MB)