Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyeez - Jump Across Mix
I really dig the song, so I had to give it a shot.

edit:  After a listen on another speaker I trust, I'm adding a 2nd version with some more oomph in the low end.

.mp3    Jump Across.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

.mp3    Jump Across2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

.mp3    Jump Across3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)

I only listened to V2. Feels good. My main issue is the sibilance. The bass guitar feels loud but I can' stay I hate it. Maybe it's the "more oomph" but it might be a bit much. Or maybe some of the other instruments are high passed and the bass feels isolated and maybe letting the guitars and toms fill out a little more of the lows might gel things a bit more. Or trim the bass a bit and let the kick have more of the lows.
(22-05-2021, 06:48 PM)RoyM Wrote: I only listened to V2. Feels good. My main issue is the sibilance. The bass guitar feels loud but I can' stay I hate it. Maybe it's the "more oomph" but it might be a bit much. Or maybe some of the other instruments are high passed and the bass feels isolated and maybe letting the guitars and toms fill out a little more of the lows might gel things a bit more. Or trim the bass a bit and let the kick have more of the lows.
Thank you!  I love getting feedback because I’m a bassist (could you tell?) who has played for years, but I’m just getting into mixing and mastering.  

I did likely boost the bass because v1 was so thin.  But you’re absolutely right.  I tend to high pass the other instruments and I shouldn’t.  Might alleviate that and put a v3 up and poke you.  Thanks, again.  Seriously!
Hi untgregory I remastered your mix .Hope that helps .Cheers !
(22-05-2021, 06:48 PM)RoyM Wrote: I only listened to V2. Feels good. My main issue is the sibilance. The bass guitar feels loud but I can' stay I hate it. Maybe it's the "more oomph" but it might be a bit much. Or maybe some of the other instruments are high passed and the bass feels isolated and maybe letting the guitars and toms fill out a little more of the lows might gel things a bit more. Or trim the bass a bit and let the kick have more of the lows.
RoyM, I added another version with a lot more clarity, less bass, etc.