Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Left Backs - The Feeling
Hi,

Gave it a go.

(Maybe I should have added some clicky sample to the kick).

Update: New mix 2.0 - had another try at it.

Cheers!

.mp3    The Left Backs - The Feeling.mp3 --  (Download: 6.61 MB)

.mp3    The Left Backs - The Feeling 2.0.mp3 --  (Download: 6.61 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Honestly I dont think this song needs it, you can certainly still feel the kick coming through, maybe a little more definition in the 60-80hz area could have added even more punch. You've done a really good job at capturing a natural drum sound here from what was a pretty messy drum recording. Nice separation of instruments too, nothing is getting lost or too muddy, kudos!
Hi,

Thanks, it was difficult to try and make that kick come through in the balance as it was mostly lower freqs I think.

I didn't bother trying to fix all the bleed and such with this one. I just got a balance and mixed it with all the tracks going. I think all the bleed, etc helps the vibe with this one. Turned out a little better than I was expecting I think!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
the problem with the kick is in the low end aaround 50 , you could take them down and bring a sample for the uper low end and hier freq.or just try with that kick bat it will need lot of proccess
Hi

Overall it's nice.

Here and there your mix becomes a bit mid-heavy.

I am aware that the trax are ... challenging, I do, however, miss some presence in the snare.

At certain places it sounds like something's overcooked, an artistic choice or accident? Wink
No, I mean, this song is pretty trashed, so, at least in my mind, at bit of grit wouldn't be completly out of left field ...

Anyhow, it's small potatos, you did great!
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Hi!

Yeah I get what you mean regarding the mids. I notice it more on earbuds I think? The ref track is quite bright? Probably influenced me a little. Getting the overall mix tonality right is something that seems to be bothering me a lot recently... I was trying to keep it trashy sounding but I think I did hit the limiter quite hard - I could be wrong, but I recall the ref was somewhere around -5 or -6 LUFS. Yes drums and snare are a little buried under the guitars.

Cheers!
Hi,

Gave it another go. Mix 2.0 added.

Cheers!
I listening version 2.0. Nice mix! Good Job!
Hi!

Hey thanks for checking it out. Listening back now I think it might need just a touch more midrange in the guitars or something still, perhaps.

Cheers!
Sounds great! Only thing that is a bit much is the hi hat in the snare channel pokes through a bit too much. Getting the presence on the snare is making the hi hat a bit grating.

Guitars and vocals are sounding really good.