Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DENY_JPX_MIX
Well nice song! i like it a lot!

.mp3    DENY_JPX_MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)

Nice mix with good balance; guitars, vocals, and bass are all in a good spot, although I miss the bass solo. The drums are the only weakness of this mix because most of the modern metal productions feature an over-the-top / larger than life- drum sound. Compared with those mixes, the snare in this mix is too thin/realistic, although I love the fact that you can hear every ghost note. The toms are too distorted, and the sound of the kick is also not really "kicking" it for me. The easiest fix would be to introduce samples to the mix to beef up the snare, kick, and toms. This would dramatically improve the quality of this mix without destroying the balance.
EVerything's balanced really well, but I feel like the low end could be cleaned up and the individual elements could be exaggerated more to create more aggression in the mix. The drums sound good and natural, but I feel like they could be more angry sounding to the benefit of the song. Maybe more attack and high end on them?
The bass solo is hard to hear and mostly just pushes up the low end a lot. It becomes noticeably absent after the solo, which is rough.
Balance is great, maybe just make it hit harder overall?