Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcention (Sano mix)
Enjoyed mixing this track ! Thanks for listening !

.m4a    Transcention (Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 5.97 MB)

(04-02-2014, 11:56 PM)sano Wrote: Enjoyed mixing this track ! Thanks for listening !

Where'd all the hiss come from? If I didn't know better I'd think this was taken from analog tape.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this mix. You took a much drier approach to it than I did and at first I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but as I listened to the opening, I started picturing a video, zooming in on the screen of an old Apple II computer (those "beep" synths really remind me of it), then moving through the screen into a world of color and light, electrons, bits and data flying all around you. So, in the end, I saw the wisdom of your choice. Smile

I did find, however, that the overly dry approach sometimes made each track seem a little abrupt in arrival, throwing off the groove a little. I think you might want to try adding some reverb, particularly to the drum tracks. Not to the beep, though; that completely dry beep really suits this mix. Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
(05-02-2014, 03:07 AM)Pedaling Prince Wrote:
(04-02-2014, 11:56 PM)sano Wrote: Enjoyed mixing this track ! Thanks for listening !

Where'd all the hiss come from? If I didn't know better I'd think this was taken from analog tape.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this mix. You took a much drier approach to it than I did and at first I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but as I listened to the opening, I started picturing a video, zooming in on the screen of an old Apple II computer (those "beep" synths really remind me of it), then moving through the screen into a world of color and light, electrons, bits and data flying all around you. So, in the end, I saw the wisdom of your choice. Smile

I did find, however, that the overly dry approach sometimes made each track seem a little abrupt in arrival, throwing off the groove a little. I think you might want to try adding some reverb, particularly to the drum tracks. Not to the beep, though; that completely dry beep really suits this mix. Smile

Thanks for commenting

Yeah, I went with dry and clinical at the start to contrast it against the rest on the synths when they kicked in.

Perhaps maybe a little reverb on the snare would of helped
Sounds great here.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
good mix, Sano! I agree about adding a little bit of reverb to the drums, but I believe that that is more a matter of taste than a technical issue. In fact, if we all had the same taste, our mixes would be identical, wouldn't they? Good job!!
mixing since April 2013
Now, this is interesting. Starting off really dry and actually almost band limited. Really like the approach to the heavy subs too. Really like the drums during the break too. Just good sounding in general. The funny thing is just how different this is than I had envisioned it when I was making it lol. Really interesting to hear though.
Sounds great on my end! I like the dry abruptness and the clarity that it adds. You give me lots of ideas! Smile