Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Japan Song | JL mix
I usually mixing some heavier stuff, bu thanks to CMT i can do sth else for a change ; ]

.mp3    Dunning Kruger - Japan Song _ JL mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.75 MB)

Very good internal balances in your mix - very punchy-sounding too. The low end is nice & even, & everything is audible. Really interesting decision to cut the bass during the bridge! I like it! It adds to the impact of the re-entry & the outro. Kudos on your lateral thinking there - great solution.

I'm hearing some muddiness in the mix in general - I suspect it is coming from your reverbs primarily - taking the low end out of them might really clear things up a lot. I'm also guessing you used a generous dose of mix buss compression, because I can sense that it is right at the point where it is starting to be noticeable & "pumping" just a tad. I would suggest raising the compression threshold just a bit, so that it is a little more transparent, but still glues the track together nicely. You may find also that higher thresholds will alleviate the issue of the muddiness from the verb somewhat, although I'd still suggest attacking that at the source.

Another thing that may help to clear things up is to pull somewhere around 200hz out of the bass.

Overall, pretty tastefully done.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thank you for your response!

I'm still a total newbie at mixing, but doing my best and trying to learn with every attempt, so I really appreciate your opinion Wink
Not bad mix, bro.