Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Going to the moon ...mix and master
i tried to mix and master this really beautiful song ...i hope you like it....has been so relaxing listen this song...thank you for the upload

.mp3    Going to the moon.mp3 --  (Download: 7.73 MB)

Thanks for mixing my song!! Smile

I like the sound of the over compression, it makes the song even punchier than i could ever imagine Wink
I like that you added a harmony to the chorus vocal.
great job!
RICKY LEGEND
 spotify | instagram | soundcloud
thank you to you for this lovely song...yes i tried to squize a little bit because i'm testing my new converters
a new version where i tried to fix a bit of harshness

.mp3    Going to the moon _ Richy Legend _ mix&master Vins.mp3 --  (Download: 7.74 MB)

Hi!

2nd mix is much better for me.

Dunno for sure, but the mention of new converters, and my ears, tells me this is likely an analog mix, or maybe a hybrid mix. Am I right or off base here? Either way it would be interesting to know!

I do admit to once trying to emulate the sound I heard on a youtube video where the guy was mixing on an SSL pushing into Lavry Gold converters I think it was.

First mix was punchy for sure, but the kick and bass was causing the mix bus compression to really push the vocal down in the mix.

2nd mix is much better in that regard. Balance wise I think for me you could still get the vocals just a little more out in front of that kick and bass perhaps? I think the very end tail on the, delay is it, is maybe a little distracting too for me. I recall I have heard similar on some of the Telefunken mixes.

Good otherwise.

My thinking too with this was to focus on the vocal, drums, bass and the synth hook, and to fit everything else around those eleements really.

Anyway, just my thoughts, what do you think?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Vins! your new version is definitely an improvement.
this is one of my favorite mixes for sure. i do agree with @mikej in that the vocals could be a bit louder in the mix.
you built a nice atmosphere with all the effects and the drums are just slapping!
great job! ...and thanks for reaching out on instagram Smile
RICKY LEGEND
 spotify | instagram | soundcloud
Nice mix Vins!
Mastermix Audio Media
http://mastermixaudiomedia.com/
thank you guys....yes actually i got new converters and this song has been my first mix made with them....the mix and master are been made all ITB, but i'm next to buy some outboard because i trying to build an analog mastering chain.....so the converter used in this beautiful song are Prism lyra 2