Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deny_Control_Final
WENT DRASTIC ON THAT MASTER BUS. xD

.mp3    denycontrol1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

.mp3    denycontrol2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

.mp3    Deny_Control_Final.mp3 --  (Download: 8.74 MB)

.mp3    Deny_Control_FinalMASTER2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

This is a good mix Shul Smile Things i got for this one would prob be the blast beats on the "denyyyyy" part from the snare. Also maybe a very small cut in higher mids around 2khz on masterchannel??? Not much more then that it is very solid.
(08-05-2021, 10:25 PM)crownoise Wrote: This is a good mix Shul Smile Things i got for this one would prob be the blast beats on the "denyyyyy" part from the snare. Also maybe a very small cut in higher mids around 2khz on masterchannel??? Not much more then that it is very solid.
Yeah I admit this still needs a lot of work. Not crazy about the blast beats either. I'll  read blitzz faq to narrow things down better. This was just first take so will look out for your pointers. Thanks for listening
You should reduce the reverb/delay on the vocals and guitars. We were not performing this song in a cave. It's metal, it needs to be in your face most of the time. The bass solo would benefit from a hefty mid boost. Some of the small details are also missing (vocal solo e.g.)

As for the guitars: Use L1 on each rhythm guitar track and pin them to a certain level, keeping them pinned at that level throughout the song. Would probably fix the lack of energy.
v2 with some improvements.
final version. Thanks for the awesome tracks Blitzz. Cheers to the rest of the band.
got around a different version. ref some KSE to check it. does it sound better?
Nice one, like it. The only thing that sounds odd is the snare, everything else is nice. It's not really hitting the way it should be though, the "crack" doesn't sound right. I think I know what you are aiming for with the snare, but you're not there yet. Have you tried to bring in additional samples instead of trying to eq/compress the existing snare tracks? Try searching for the original Andy Sneap Snare and Kick samples, he posted them a couple of years ago on his forum. You can also just use Slate Trigger with the samples it already comes with, namely Kick 10 and Snare 4.

By the way, we are sitting in the same boat. I always wanted my drum / snare to sound like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY5KHMorJCw

Never got there, not even close.
(17-05-2021, 07:04 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Nice one, like it. The only thing that sounds odd is the snare, everything else is nice. It's not really hitting the way it should be though, the "crack" doesn't sound right. I think I know what you are aiming for with the snare, but you're not there yet. Have you tried to bring in additional samples instead of trying to eq/compress the existing snare tracks? Try searching for the original Andy Sneap Snare and Kick samples, he posted them a couple of years ago on his forum. You can also just use Slate Trigger with the samples it already comes with, namely Kick 10 and Snare 4.

By the way, we are sitting in the same boat. I always wanted my drum / snare to sound like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY5KHMorJCw

Never got there, not even close.

Yeah I agree. Is hard to get a good beefy snare. I have not used other samples just the original tracks. Perhaps I'll try some to combine to make that SNAP sound more beefy which it really lacks.. this snare ended like a snare you would have in a reggae song lol... its so out of genre. I hear you on those drums. They pack a solid punch and they sound thick.. 

Thanks for the input.