Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Wickerman
Awesome tune! I challenged myself to only spending 4 hrs on this mix, hope it satisfies.

.mp3    Eat The Feeder - Wickerman.mp3 --  (Download: 7.42 MB)

I like this mix Houndface, it sounds well controlled without being overworked. I like the dryness since its more "dry" or like upfront eq-wise so thats a good match. The balances in mid/side are good 2 i believe, to me the kick is compressed with too fast attack and also as it sounds might be to slow release to for my liking, makes the kick feel clamped. I think this is a common thing that myself am battling often, its hard because you want the release to have time to return for the next beat, and having to slow attack settings might often make this happen. I do believe though that this is something that you more often believe will be the problem but if you try to start with slower attack settings and keeping the release time close to fastest it often works more times then you think because it forces you to keep a good ratio between the amount of compression and the treshold in relation to the unprocessed signal. This will often prevent overly smashed sounds since the inital hits are effected (not preserved as many like to call it, remember im not a pro but i like to see it this way), leaving the releases more unprocessed. Think about it for a second and you might relate to what i am describing.
By the way, what is your avatar/picture showing Big Grin? can't seem to figure out if its an alien on the photo or what it is Smile.
(09-05-2021, 07:44 PM)crownoise Wrote: By the way, what is your avatar/picture showing Big Grin? can't seem to figure out if its an alien on the photo or what it is Smile.
Thanks for the knowledge Crownoise! My Avatar is a pic of my bloodhound laying on his back and the pic is sideways lol.