Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DarkRide_DenyControl-Yoshi-Mix
First impressions.

2nd  aftercutrecords & bcs_mix  advice Version         08-06-2021  

Thanks for listening.

---Yoshi

.mp3    DarkRide_DenyControl-Yoshi-Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 5.38 MB)

.mp3    DarkRide_DenyControl-Yoshi-Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.38 MB)

I really like how natural the mix sounds, and how loud it is. The screamed vocals sit REALLY well, at least on my setup. The clean vocals are a little overpowered by the background vocals. Maybe use a limiter on the cleans and drop the backgrounds a bit?
The overall tone is nice and I like how it feels bass heavy without becoming overwhelming.

The bass solo feels completely buried and the entire song sounds like it's massively mid scooped during that section, only to feel more natural during the guitar solo right after. The bass guitar lead can ironically fill the same space as the lead right after it and it would massively benefit in my opinion.

Also, I personally just want more attack and clarity in the snare. But overall, the toms are awesome and the guitars and bass sound really good.
Good mix!
The instrumental mix is very nice! The toms and cymbals are quite overbearing though maybe back them off a bit. Imo the problem is that you could definitely put more compression on vocals. Especially the main singing vocal track that gets drowned out every once in a while. The balancing of the vocal lines are a bit weird to me but that's your choice, ok. Overall a very coherent mix already.

Would love to hear your opinions on my mix, too. Thanks
Hi aftercutrecords & bcs_mix
Thanks for the feedback!
I had a hard time gauging the depth of the vocals in this piece!
Also, I fixed the SN being inaudible.
Thank you so much!

---Yoshi

.mp3    DarkRide_DenyControl-Yoshi-Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.38 MB)

I like V2 lot. Sounds great, nothing to complain Smile There are some funny mixing decisions but that's just personal preference. Good job!
Hi MATW

Thanks for commenting on my mix.
I don't know what to say.
It's my least favorite genre of work!
It took me a lot of trial and error to submit this one!
I will continue to challenge myself!

Thank you very much!

---Yoshi