Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkride - DenyControll mix and mastering
hi everyone sso i did a mix and master of this song i hope do you like it....any critic and advise are welcome

.mp3    Darkride_DEnyControll mix and master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.72 MB)

Nice. A little bright for me, the snare gets a bit much after a while, and can't hear the toms but I think the rest of the mix is great. Really like the low end a lot.
(05-05-2021, 09:21 AM)manuke Wrote: Nice. A little bright for me, the snare gets a bit much after a while, and can't hear the toms but I think the rest of the mix is great. Really like the low end a lot.
thank you man i will take a check to it again for the toms...
Hey, thank you for your mix. First thing that came to my mind: The snare is too loud and completely overshadowing the mix. Plus, the roomy reverb doesn't really fit the song very well. The high volume of the snare leads to all kind of problems down the road, especially in the blast beats. Naturally, the volume of each snare hit drops significantly when a drummer plays blastbeats. The reason is simple: Because the drumsticks have to move very fast in order to reach the speed necessary, the distance the drumstick travels between each hit is very small because there is simply not enough time to swing out far like on a normal snare hit. The movement of the drumstick when hitting the snare comes more or less only from the wrist, so you can't build up as much energy as with a normal beat. If you don't take care of this in your mix, you end up with a drummer that sounds like a robot. This is exactly the case in your mix, where the snare completely takes over the blast beats, giving the impression of a rather unrealistic performance.

Here is a nice video from Misha / Periphery explaining this: https://youtu.be/FvkBDeIzhFs?t=131
Thank you for the advices, i tried to follow your line and i tried to add them to the mix ,even tried to fix other stuff...i hope this is better

.mp3    Darkride_DEnyControll mix and master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)

Wow! That punch. The snare definitely smacks. The guitars sound WAY too scooped, but the vocals sound great and the drums are definitely clicky. I feel like overall, LESS 4k in the mix where the kick resides would help things breathe more and be less fatiguing. Also, the vocals could come out more. The clean ones. The screamed ones are fine. But those kicks are REALLY clicky. I like how aggressive the mix is, though. The 4k coming down and some of the lead bass solo stuff being brought up from like 500hz to 1k would fix that a lot. As it is, this mix is so bright and clicky that it kinda hurts to listen to. If you would fix that, it would sound really good!