Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Coltraine - That's How I Got To Memphis
Hi,

Gave it a go. 

Cheers!

Update: Had another try... Mix 1.0 added.

.mp3    Chris Coltraine - How I Got To Memphis.mp3 --  (Download: 9.07 MB)

.mp3    Chris Coltraine - How I Got To Memphis 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 9.07 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi!
Nice mix. For me the voice needs the down a few db's to be inside of the mix. And the drums are a bit far. (i don't know if i'm explaining in english hahaha)
Cheers!
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Hi!

Yes you are explaining fine Smile. You are right this mix is unbalanced. I shall have to have another try at it!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi!

Had another try... mix 1.0 added.

Cheers!
Hey mikej,
sounds to me like we had similar visions although I focused more on the drums (maybe a bit much).

Version 1.0:

I'm really impressed with the way you managed the guitars (especially the 2nd Guitar) as I found them difficult to work with. Did you use the DI tracks?

My only suggestion would be bringing the vocals back a tiny bit and the drums forward a tiny bit.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel
(05-06-2021, 02:32 PM)LukasL Wrote: Hey mikej,
sounds to me like we had similar visions although I focused more on the drums (maybe a bit much).

Version 1.0:

I'm really impressed with the way you managed the guitars (especially the 2nd Guitar) as I found them difficult to work with. Did you use the DI tracks?

My only suggestion would be bringing the vocals back a tiny bit and the drums forward a tiny bit.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel

Hi!

Yes I agree the balance needs a bit of work. I notice that I do tend to mix drums a little low for some reason, I need to work on that (amongst numerous other things!).

I didn't use the DI tracks. You know I find guitar tones hard enough, without also having to decide on the pedals, amp & cab sim myself. Drives me nuts!

I think I just went through each guitar and reduced a few spots of resonance by a couple of db. I always forget to do this - it can make a big difference.

I should have another try at this. I need to check out the reference tracks that crissmichaels posted. I was trying to make it sound like Midland or something Big Grin.

Cheers!