Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Well_ Any feedabck would be great thanks!
Hi Folks,

this is my vision for this song, I actually downloaeded the files for this in2019, hadnt enough experieince to try create what i wanted and have kinda made it a bit of love hate project that i had to finish for my own sanity, there have been many versions along the way and as i learned new things i changed added tried new things.
drums sample replaced or blended using a mixture of kick and snare samples with reasmplomatic5000 and also Ugritones amazing raw Kvlt drums II  for more impact. guitars reamped inseveral ways bass intro edited as its just wrong with the gutars and also reamped.

Hope it flicks switches for some of you.
thanks

.mp3    The Well_2May2021_256kbps.mp3 --  (Download: 7.94 MB)

I think it is sounding pretty good. So I don't listen to this genre much, but from what I hear, The overall tone is somewhat dark, I think because the strong low mid energy of the drum track, but I guess it fits the genre. The vocals could use a little more energy. Maybe a slower attack time on a compressor, and a little less low end so the sizzle in the voice really cuts through. Also I like the how Snare cuts through like a champ. it just needs a touch little less low mids, or a touch of high end in certain places, to really match the energy of the song. Guitars and bass seem to be placed just right. Good mix Smile
(03-05-2021, 03:45 PM)401kBC Wrote: I think it is sounding pretty good. So I don't listen to this genre much, but from what I hear, The overall tone is somewhat dark, I think because the strong low mid energy of the drum track, but I guess it fits the genre. The vocals could use a little more energy. Maybe a slower attack time on a compressor, and a little less low end so the sizzle in the voice really cuts through. Also I like the how Snare cuts through like a champ. it just needs a touch little less low mids, or a touch of high end in certain places, to really match the energy of the song. Guitars and bass seem to be placed just right. Good mix Smile
Thanks for having a listen and giving some time to write some feedback. I really appreciate that.

I was going for a sludgy sound hence it is a little dark and bassy, that being said listening myself again and thinking about your comments i will go back into reaper when I'm next at computer and automate up the overheads give some brightness back into where they are lacking at some points. I had that in mind with the darker guitar tone! I perhaps wasn't thinking of the full picture and overlooked it ? I'll also look at the vocal compressor settings and give a listen to a few less lower mids.

I'll post the updated version

Awesome thanks again.
Great call on using some samples to help give the drums some umph. I also love me some Ugritone. I know they get a lot of flack from the GGD and Toontrack fans but the KVLT II sampler is fantastic. 
Not sure if it was the toms or the kick but at certain times the transient hit had too much punch (almost like a click), I do love how they are up front and in your face though. The bass guitar seemed to be slightly low volume but maybe it helped serve the purpose of the song to make sure those thicc low tuned guitars are heard. Good work dude!