Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Deny Control mixed by Ben
Thx for sharing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVmvQG5GJPM

.mp3    DenyControl2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.59 MB)

Nice mix, the kick could come up a tiny bit in the chorus when Dirk is playing superfast 32th notes (e.g. at 0:18 and 0:26). Other than that this is very well balanced and close to the original mix / sound. I also love the big, lush reverb in some parts (e.g. at 2:30). It makes the song more moody and a bit less upfront / in your face compared with the original mix. A thumbs up also for doing Dirk's drumming justice with your mix. Blast beats often sound like they were played by a robot in a lot of the mixes on this forum, with the snare not sitting at the right level and drawing all the attention. This is not one of those mixes.

But, and this is a big one: I miss a lot of the smaller details like the incredibly nice but supershort bass part at 1:38 which definitely needs a short moment in the spotlight. Also, where is the vocal solo at 2:12? This is a detail that needs to be in the mix, as well as the nice bass solo which isn't in this mix as well.

Did you check my FAQ for this song? =)
I like this mix its good Smile To be a bit nit picky it sounds overly "well" sort of, everything is very flat and in the same box, which is cool though. That def makes it sound like a record so ye gj i think. Snare could come up during blastbeats. Intressting pointers Blitzzz, so much fun to get to mix this types of songs, cool productions.
(01-05-2021, 02:28 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Nice mix, the kick could come up a tiny bit in the chorus when Dirk is playing superfast 32th notes (e.g. at 0:18 and 0:26). Other than that this is very well balanced and close to the original mix / sound. I also love the big, lush reverb in some parts (e.g. at 2:30). It makes the song more moody and a bit less upfront / in your face compared with the original mix. A thumbs up also for doing Dirk's drumming justice with your mix. Blast beats often sound like they were played by a robot in a lot of the mixes on this forum, with the snare sitting just at the right level to net draw all the attention. This is not one of those mixes.

But, and this is a big one: I miss a lot of the smaller details like the incredibly nice but supershort bass part at 1:38 which definitely needs a short moment in the spotlight. Also, where is the vocal solo at 2:12? This is a detail that needs to be in the mix, as well as the nice bass solo which isn't in this mix as well.

Did you check my FAQ for this song? =)
Thx for the reply !

Since it's a complete practice mix, I missed some points esp. without talking to the client.

No biggie in a real live situation!

And yeah, I spend a lot of time to get the drums and blasts right. It is essential for the song.

Cheers
Benny
Fixed version with fixed kickdrum, bass solo and vocal solo

https://youtu.be/AZPArmYdsqM
Great mix. It would be almost perfect if you put an amp / distortion plugin with delay/reverb on the short vocal solo at 2:14 (it's barely noticeable in your current mix) and move it in the spotlight to make the vocalist happy =)

Also, more for the other guys here on the forum, please load your final version up here as well so everyone can enjoy it or even use it as a reference if needed.
This a great mix Benny, nice and heavy. Can't pick any faults I could comment on. Nice one.
amazing mix. Did you used extra snare room samples? Would be nice if you described your room processing Smile
Damn, that's a tight mix! Am I talking to a professioanl here!?

Please check my mix out, too. Thanks.
Sounding really good! Though Blitzzz already gave you all the advice you could ever want, I feel like the bass solo could still be a little more present, but overall it sounds really epic!