Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words
Hey guys, super new to mixing in general but found this awesome site so hopefully I can use it to learn and improve. Here is my version of Devils Words which I always thought of as a pop punk song even though it's in the pop/singer songwriter section. 
The only thing I never felt great about were my drums (especially the snare.) Drums are crucial in pop punk and rock and I just wasn't sold on them.

I also was never really even close to happy with the vocals. It might just be my inability to mix really well yet but I thought the vocals just didn't match the style of the song all that much. The vocals are really unwieldy at times too and I didn't know what to do to fix it.

Anyways hope you enjoy the mix and would love to hear some feedback so I can improve.

.mp3    Devil\'s Words.mp3 --  (Download: 7.63 MB)

For someone new to mixing this is great! I would just watch your levels on a couple things, your verse guitar is considerably louder than the chorus guitar which de-emphasises the louder parts. Tambourine could also come down a little too and Bass could be louder.

I really struggled with the vocals on this track too, i think you did a pretty good job at keeping them at a consistent level, next thing to look at is how to add energy to vocals with compression and de-essing!