Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GeometriaChicken-TubosDeCristal (Failed Navigation Mix)
Salam,
this is my take on this cool tune.
Added some subharmonics to the toms. No samples were harmed. It's -14 LUFS.
Wanted it to sound creamy.

Tell me what you think.

.mp3    GeometriaChicken-TubosDeCristal_rel_r1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.92 MB)

It doesn't have to sound good to move people - David Byrne
I started to listen to it as a "mix" and got caught up and listened to it as a song instead. Which is the only point to the endeavor anyway. So good job. I didn't hear anything that jumped out and bothered me and I didn't want to. Maybe more clarity in the vocals? I don't speak...Spanish? though so I can't say that with full confidence. Maybe there's some masking in the lower mids? I'm more asking than saying.

In the end, it was pleasant to listen to and sounded like a record. I wouldn't want to nit pick it if I could.
Thanks for listening and the encouraging feedback.
(08-04-2024, 11:17 PM)Roy Wrote: Maybe more clarity in the vocals? I don't speak...Spanish? though so I can't say that with full confidence. Maybe there's some masking in the lower mids? I'm more asking than saying.
I don't speak Spanish either, just understand some very basic words and phrases. However, i think it sounds good.
And for me the meaning of the words in song lyrics, other as in conversation, are much less in focus. That's even true for songs in my mother tongue.

I understand that it often is a goal to have the vocals "on top" or "in front" and to some degree i treat them in that direction. On the other hand i want to keep them inside the groove and the melody, and in this specific style (somewhat psychedelic) this might even make sense Rolleyes
It doesn't have to sound good to move people - David Byrne