Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Wickerman Eat The Feeder with and without Tape
hey Friends .... let me know please what do you like more, the song with the Tape on or without Tape? 
the Tape I added is 2" , 16 ch , 15ips
There is No Mastering

.mp3    wickerman song taoe 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.49 MB)

.mp3    wickerman song mixN without Tape.mp3 --  (Download: 7.49 MB)

With the Tape for sure! I think it sounds less harsh and overall much bigger with the tape Smile
(28-04-2021, 10:24 AM)401kBC Wrote: With the Tape for sure! I think it sounds less harsh and overall much bigger with the tape Smile
Thank You 401KBCW for your Feedback Smile
Hey Philip,
Mostly I can say about tape emulations (sorry, no experience on the real deal), that they will add cohesiveness (regarding comp), EQ and *magic* to the sound. 8/10 times every sound will benefit from it, as long as it's required (!!), and as long as your device processing can handle it.

Lately I've been sending mix bus through tape, that sort-of keeps things together.

Cheers
(28-04-2021, 02:36 PM)moonchildsong Wrote: Hey Philip,
Mostly I can say about tape emulations (sorry, no experience on the real deal), that they will add cohesiveness (regarding comp), EQ and *magic* to the sound. 8/10 times every sound will benefit from it, as long as it's required (!!), and as long as your device processing can handle it.

Lately I've been sending mix bus through tape, that sort-of keeps things together.

Cheers
Hey moonchildsongHey.
Thanks for the feedback,  well.... I know what you mean about Tape and Tape emulation which is almost do the same things ( todays emulations are getting better and better to the real deal).......from experience I can say that tape emulation (plug-in)will give you that feeling of compression/limiting sound, and for sure you will get the lovely Glue feeling too .
what’s really important  is where and when you put your Tape , many guys are putting tape on the master chain 
after mixing which is Wrong ...am always prefer building my master chain with all the mix bus sends just before starting balancing/mixing. In my opinion to get the real close emulation to real Tape when mixing ITB is to put Tape on almost every group ( Drums, GTRs ...etc) in the mix and on the master (mix bus) to open a Tape master ( emulate 2  master channels) but again as u mentioned , it’s up to your computer and how strong it is to handle all that....

last but not least..... when you are mixing you should know how it will sound when mastered....many time you hear mixes by pro guys that might be sounding a bit strange like Lead vocal are a way saturated and loud , or harshness on GTRs ......etc....that’s because they know how it will sound after mastering...Remember everything will flattin out when mastering.

cheers
I guess I'm the best. hooray!
(28-04-2021, 07:39 PM)moonchildsong Wrote: I guess I'm the best. hooray!
Why Not! 
wish you the best mate....