Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My attempt at this mix
This is not the usual genre of choice for me but practice is practice!
lmk of any critiques.

.mp3    BackDown_RyanCali_Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.24 MB)

Hi,

It's a good attempt!

Minor tweaks?

I would maybe try lowering/controlling the bass just a touch, for me I think it just needs to kind of sit below the track a little more (rather than being a feature as such) and stay out of the way of the vocals, etc.

I feel the main vocal can be brought out front of the mix just a little touch more for my taste. Maybe try some very light saturation and some gentle wide eq around 4k ish just to get it to pop out perhaps? Highpass the vocals a touch higher, or maybe cut a little more 300Hz ish too. Not by much though. Might be worth experimenting a little but don't over do it. It might just be that the bass is overpowering the vocal a touch. All depends on your taste though of course and what you are going for. Oh, the reverb/delay? on the 'I just wanna fly vocals' at the end sounds just a little on the roomy side for me.

A decent mix overall, and I think you did a good job with the backing vocals and doubles. These are just my thoughts after a couple of listens, so feel free to disagree or whatever. What do you think?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!