Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ikebe Shakedown - The Last Stand
Hi,

My attempt.

Reminds me of tracks like The Incredbile Bongo Band's version of Apache I think.

Cheers!

.mp3    Ikebe Shakedown - The Last Stand.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(22-04-2021, 02:42 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

My attempt.

Reminds me of tracks like The Incredbile Bongo Band's version of Apache I think.

Cheers!

Hi Mikej. I made a remastered version of your mix .Hope that helps.
Hi.

Thanks!

I'll have to get back to you as to whether I think it helps or not though - I'll need a little break from it first.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi!

Ok, I feel the remastered version is a bit too overprocessed for my taste I'm afraid, and maybe a bit too much mids/upper mids.

I know little of recording, but to me the Telefunken tracks are good players recorded with a choice of good mic's via a good console (API 1608 I believe) with decent pre-amps, so there should be quite a lot of great tone and 'analog vibe' there to begin with. So for me a lighter more subtle touch would be more the thing I think for a master?

I do quite like the cohesive sound of the library mix, so that is kind of the ballpark sound I was aiming for, and I think I would expect something more in that direction from mastering as such I think?

My mix does have limiting, subtle eq (db or less) and a very small touch of width processing on the master bus. If you (or anyone else of course!) wants to have a go at it let me know and I'll see about taking all that stuff off the master bus and uploading the resulting wav to the mastering forum if you (or anyone else really) wants to have another shot at it? I can even take the volume boost and the mix bus comp off too if you like!

Let me know. Also interested in other comments too, as this is just my opinion here, and I might be a little biased as such Smile.

Cheers!