Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Wickerman 2021
Haven't been on the forums for awhile and figured id take a pass at this one when I saw that it was new! Mostly mixed on cans whilst checking things on reference monitors when I had the chance.
Please leave any feedback you may have and don't hesitate to point me in the direction of your mix as id be more then happy to do the same.  Smile
Cheers!

.mp3    ETF 2021.mp3 --  (Download: 7.2 MB)

(22-04-2021, 09:17 AM)trading_pieces Wrote: Haven't been on the forums for awhile and figured id take a pass at this one when I saw that it was new! Mostly mixed on cans whilst checking things on reference monitors when I had the chance.
Please leave any feedback you may have and don't hesitate to point me in the direction of your mix as id be more then happy to do the same.  Smile
Cheers!
hey trading pieces 
nice work thou...i like the guitars and the bas how they set together maybe i would push the GTRs more to sound wider and controlling the Bass that meets the GTRs and the VOX in many points that goes boomy Bass , Eq and or automation will control it very well
that drums are really lovely   i would like to give it more punch , and i would like put down that ringy snare tone so ill have my snare glue in the mix better ...... for sure it maight be your taste and its ok overall   

nice work mate....
(23-04-2021, 09:44 AM)Philip Wrote:
(22-04-2021, 09:17 AM)trading_pieces Wrote: Haven't been on the forums for awhile and figured id take a pass at this one when I saw that it was new! Mostly mixed on cans whilst checking things on reference monitors when I had the chance.
Cheers!
hey trading pieces 
nice work thou...i like the guitars and the bas how they set together maybe i would push the GTRs more to sound wider and controlling the Bass that meets the GTRs and the VOX in many points that goes boomy Bass , Eq and or automation will control it very well
that drums are really lovely   i would like to give it more punch , and i would like put down that ringy snare tone so ill have my snare glue in the mix better ...... for sure it maight be your taste and its ok overall   

nice work mate....

Thanks for the feedback Philip, plenty of food for thought in there!
Hey Trading_pieces! This is a very interesting mix. If your bass hadn't been like that i'd really dig this mix, it has a sound i'd never though of, don't know how to put it. As philip said i think to that the bass sort of feels a bit to seperate from the guitars, but man i dont know its kinda cool this way cuz of the tone you achieved but it feels out of context. I think since you probably smashed out the attack with some sort of compressor or limiter it feels like it gets sucked back and that makes it seem very slow, haha can't grasp it never heard this type of bass before so yea don't know if i am impressed or baffled. What processor did you use on it?

drums are nice, really dig the smacky snare. I like that it has distortion that brings some sustain to it. Guitartones are grate. For me vocals could get limited more or even clipped or saturated to gain more rms-levels/loudness. You are also one of the few who have utalized the hihat very well. Think that is it for what i can think of, gj nice mix Smile.
(24-04-2021, 11:13 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Trading_pieces! This is a very interesting mix. If your bass hadn't been like that i'd really dig this mix, it has a sound i'd never though of, don't know how to put it. As philip said i think to that the bass sort of feels a bit to seperate from the guitars, but man i dont know its kinda cool this way cuz of the tone you achieved but it feels out of context. I think since you probably smashed out the attack with some sort of compressor or limiter it feels like it gets sucked back and that makes it seem very slow, haha can't grasp it never heard this type of bass before so yea don't know if i am impressed or baffled. What processor did you use on it?

drums are nice, really dig the smacky snare. I like that it has distortion that brings some sustain to it. Guitartones are grate. For me vocals could get limited more or even clipped or saturated to gain more rms-levels/loudness. You are also one of the few who have utalized the hihat very well. Think that is it for what i can think of, gj nice mix Smile.
Hi crownoise, thanks for your detailed and thoughtful feedback.

I can hear what you are gesturing towards in relation to the bass, definitely something to take into consideration in the future. From memory I processed each bass track differently with EQ and HP/LP filters, I then sent all bass tracks to a bus and compressed them together, final touch was a mellow chorus effect ala Andy Wallace.

Again thanks for taking the time to listen!

Cheers.