Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Eat The Feeder - Wickerman Mix
Here is my mix, all feedback is welcomeSmile

.mp3    Eat The Feeder - Wickerman.mp3 --  (Download: 7.43 MB)

Nice work, I feel like the vocal could be a bit more dominant in perhaps low mids but obviously this can be a challenge to accomodate when the multiple guitar tracks are taking much real estate in the mix.

Looking forward to hearing more!
(22-04-2021, 02:53 PM)trading_pieces Wrote: Nice work, I feel like the vocal could be a bit more dominant in perhaps low mids but obviously this can be a challenge to accomodate when the multiple guitar tracks are taking much real estate in the mix.

Looking forward to hearing more!
Thank you for the feedback! Yeah I agree, it can be difficult to find the right pocket for the vocal with big guitars like these so in this case I decided to let the guitars shine a little bit with the vocals kind of squashed between them with a thinner sound. In some cases with some bands the vocal will be really buried with the guitars as the focal point, I like to try and find a balance of that idea especially with bands and tracks like this.
Hey man not bad Smile Just feels like there are a very tiny polish left to make the elements feel more glued into the song, feels like seperated elements (which demands ear for detail, that you ashieved) are poking out a bit, maybe try to quickly shave of some "transients" or more like dynamics with some saturation/limiting on vocals and other elements. This is what i hear in my monitoring so im a bit picky here i think, its a good mix. Drums are really nice, the low end in the kick is perfect.
(24-04-2021, 10:58 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey man not bad Smile Just feels like there are a very tiny polish left to make the elements feel more glued into the song, feels like seperated elements (which demands ear for detail, that you ashieved) are poking out a bit, maybe try to quickly shave of some "transients" or more like dynamics with some saturation/limiting on vocals and other elements. This is what i hear in my monitoring so im a bit picky here i think, its a good mix. Drums are really nice, the low end in the kick is perfect.
Thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it!! I’ll look into your critiques and see if I can improve on it, glad you liked the overall mix tho!