Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pawel Maciwoda: '1 Of The First'
This one was smooth sailing and tricky at the same time. Bass, Saxophone and Electric Guitar were a easy, as the recorded sounds were really nice and did not need any major help.
Drums were harder, and I still not really happy, as the overheads did not capture a balanced drum set, but mainly cymbals and hi-hats.

The acoustic also was tricky...

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Lukas Angel

.mp3    PawelMaciwoda_1OfTheFirst_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.4 MB)

Lukas,
I can hear your described issues with the drums. It feels like you had the same confusion with them as I had with the guitars. The drums sound good but maybe not as integrated as they could be which may be a simple as a different space for them. For me, since this was a piece by a bassist, I made the bass and the sax the primary melodic shapes in the mix. You did a great job on the acoustic and the electric guitars but I feel the bass is far too undermixed for the melodic content in carries here. However, your ensemble is very full and everything can be heard. Capturing the melodic intent may not be as well founded. Still, hard to find anything not enjoyable in your mix. A very good interpretation.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]