Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
M.E.R.C. Music: 'Knockout'_mix tjmtruth
Angel Angel Angel
This band put a lot of time in the instrumental portion of the tune. With that in mind, I wanted to use all the tracks that they intended. In other words, this is NOT a remix of any kind. I know some of you have done that, and it's cool, but I pretended that the band said to me to use all the tracks and so I did. So, the challenge was getting everything, both instruments AND vocals to sit in there nicely together. No question that this is a dense project, with a multitude of tracks where if it were "my call" I would have not used some/many of them, as in my opinion it seemed like there were too many tracks for the genre. But, I am no expert on this genre so I did my best. When I listen to my mix as compared to others I feel satisfied that I achieved my goal. The end product is on the loud side (but not too loud) and the sub frequencies are NOT overemphasized. I believe that I got a nice balance of the subs with all the other bands in the spectrum. Let me know what you think. Also, I noticed that some of you (and you know who you are) critique other people's mixes with a sterile and thoughtless bashing. I am not a fan of that as it is not constructive. Offer helpful suggestions rather than simple nonce-words, belittling, and baloney. Thanks.
Tom

.mp3    Knockout_8M.mp3 --  (Download: 9.86 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek