Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Nearly There' - EXPERIMENT WITH VOICES
Hi!
This is my MIX Smile
I made some experiments with voices. You will find one back low voice and 2 voices making harmony (Thanks melodyne)
I made some shackers at the end.
I rest for your comments!
Cheers

*V2 trying to fix issues with the high end and harsh on voices*

.mp3    JesseJoy_NearlyThere MIX-PRINT.mp3 --  (Download: 9.39 MB)

.mp3    JesseJoy_NearlyThere MIX-PRINT2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.17 MB)

Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Creative. I like it! Voice is a bit too harsh with too much high end maybe across the whole mix but otherwise I think the experiment was successful.
Yes!! I made a second version trying to fix it.
Thanks for your opinion!
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Dude!

Love the harmony work and the drop is a nice touch - gives it some real texture!

Keep on keepin on!
This is a pretty good job - sometimes it's healthy to see what you can build with the tools in the toolbox. I'm purely reacting to the experiment and not the radio playability of the song or anything like that. The saturation on the vocal is smart because it accomplishes something that major producers talk about when mixing vocals for presence without leaving you out of control of the dynamics. By blending in the harmonies you create a little "auditory relief" for the listener because the highly present, saturated vocal can be fatiguing. As well, these limited-track mixes don't leave a lot of room for mistakes in the process - can't hide behind other instrumentation so it takes courage to approach this song in the way you have.

This song opened up some new ideas for me that I'll hopefully build into some mix down the road. Thanks for sharing!
Hey!
Thanks for your comments!
Words like yours keep me going with more enthusiasm.
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Sounds really nice! Congrats supep! Nice effects, worked nicelly!
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
Hi!

I'm not a fan of the vocal delays, but the vocal idea is really good, and I also quite like the guitar too. I think you might even be able to raise the volume of that 'lower' vocal a little too for my taste.

Oddly your vocal treatment reminded me a little of the vocals of the 2009 classic track by Flo Rida - 'Right Round (feat Ke$ha)', which you might find interesting to check out. Or not... Big Grin.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi!

Lovely vocal production! Creative and successful.

Keep up the good work!
Hey!!
Thank you very much for yours opinions!
For me is superimportant to recive your feedback to keep working and improving.
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Cakewalk by Bandlab