Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly There
I know this isn't a production forum but I couldn't help myself.  Is it cheesy?  I just felt like it needed something a bit more to move the song along.

I found this song deceivingly difficult. Once the pieces snapped together it was good but up until then it seemed like a dumpster fire all the way.

I hear weird artifacts when I listen to it but I can't sort out what I'm hearing. You'll hear it in the cello parts predominantly and I can't figure out when they crept in so I don't know what to back out to fix it. I think it might be a compressor because I'm pretty aggressive at 4:1 but maybe somebody with a more experienced ear can help out? Maybe this is phase biting me? I don't know so any tips on what to do here would be appreciated. Even how to debug. It doesn't make the song unlistenable but there are some things you can't un-hear.  

Anyway - happy listening.  I love learning from everybody's experience.

.mp3    NearlyThere 1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 3.8 MB)

.mp3    NearlyThere 1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.8 MB)

Ok, I'm not going crazy. Well - maybe I'm going crazy but this is not the evidence. I found the artifacts - it's in the cello track itself. I don't know why I didn't think to just do the easiest thing first. Can't really clear them out but whatever. I re-balanced a little bit because I wasn't happy with 1.1. I recommend 1.2.
Hi!
Nice and creative Mix SmileMaybe, I need a litlle more energy on the guitar. Anyway, good job man.
The real difficult thing on this song is get the attention of the people during 4 minutes.  Sleepy
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab