Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Elephant Mix/Master by Woodbird
Welcome! I don’t know how to say that in Swiss or I would to be welcoming. And I’m almost certain that one doesn’t say anything in Swiss. Probably German. I should just way “Welcome!” in German. And I’m almost certain I don’t really know how to do that. I have a rough idea but I’ll stick to English. Which I’m also pretty bad at. Though you wrote “Elefant” so maybe French is you thing.

My first reaction is that it feels like it could be a higher quality reference. It feels like a low quality mp3. Which is fine. The cymbals feel a little “washy”. So I’ll stick to the grander points.

The mix works. I can hear everything. The vocals are a bit too out front. Particularly in the chorus. Which takes away from the over all ‘power’ and ‘energy’ of the song but if you’re going to have something too out front then it’s best that it’s the vocals.

The snare could be lowered a bit. It’s kind of just a ‘pop’ and the song could benefit from it feeling more aggressive.

The high guitar part in the later chorus could come up.

Overall, it sounds pretty good. You have the basic balances and tones. Nothing sounds wrong or off, from what I can tell. The next step is to explore bringing emotion into the mix. It’s a fairly basic song, which is the point of the arrangement but lyrically it’s a bit dark and the mix could bring that out more.

Anyway. Good job. I hope you gain something from the site and feel more comfortable and give some feedback. Even being new you have ears and opinions and a perspective. Except on my mix of this one because is sucks.

Bienvenu

Messages In This Thread
The Elephant Mix/Master by Woodbird - by woodbird - 31-03-2021, 09:10 PM
RE: The Elephant Mix/Master by Woodbird - by Roy - 31-03-2021, 09:55 PM
RE: The Elephant Mix/Master by Woodbird - by Roy - 02-04-2021, 03:25 PM