Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dino On The Loose-Queens Light
Hello!

Here my mix, hope you enjoy Wink

Any comments are really appreciate Smile

All best

.mp3    Dino On The Loose-QueensLightR1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.55 MB)

It's very interesting how you balanced the instruments and positioned them in the mix. The hand drums are in front of the drum kit and they're drier than the electric piano and guitar solos, and the organ is buried pretty deeply, too. That's an interesting and unusual artistic choice, but sonically it's very good and a nice separation is made between all of the instruments. The electric piano has beautiful tone and the reverb is very nice, smooth and dense... I think the part would benefit from a little more attack... maybe slightly more of the dry signal, or perhaps lowering the volume on the reverb send?

The electric guitar solo is a teeny bit washed out and lacking in definition for me, but that might be part of your artistic intent, where unexpected instruments are further front in the mix.

On the whole, very cool, very nicely separated, interesting balance and instrument position, great tones on some of the instruments. I'll have to give my mix another listen Big Grin this was the first one I ever tried.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!