Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights out - v0.1
Hi, would love to hear your opinion about vocals and overall tonal balance, that's what I was mainly working so far. Drums are dry with some top-down processing, guitars too, no reverb. Thanks

.mp3    v0.1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.58 MB)

(29-03-2021, 09:30 AM)MakeMixingGreatAgain Wrote: Hi, would love to hear your opinion about vocals and overall tonal balance, that's what I was mainly working so far. Drums are dry with some top-down processing, guitars too, no reverb. Thanks
Hey buddy, I will try to give some constructive feedback from my pov.

I would tweak the guitars at the first moment, they're sound a bit harsh, maybe it's drawing some attention!
The vocals it seem you're compressing the vocals with the reverbs? Or side chaining it? Sounds strange to me!
Right when the band stops around 0:55, looks like is missing the guitars!

Cheers!
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
(29-03-2021, 01:21 PM)andreybenassi Wrote:
(29-03-2021, 09:30 AM)MakeMixingGreatAgain Wrote: Hi, would love to hear your opinion about vocals and overall tonal balance, that's what I was mainly working so far. Drums are dry with some top-down processing, guitars too, no reverb. Thanks
Hey buddy, I will try to give some constructive feedback from my pov.

I would tweak the guitars at the first moment, they're sound a bit harsh, maybe it's drawing some attention!
The vocals it seem you're compressing the vocals with the reverbs? Or side chaining it? Sounds strange to me!
Right when the band stops around 0:55, looks like is missing the guitars!

Cheers!
Thanks. Yes, that's SSL reverb with internal sidechain, otherwise vocals are too washy. So far I like how vocals sound, but might change opinion later. Also haven't checked on headphones yet. Uploaded new version.