Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Eat The Feeder - Wickerman
Here's my attempt at this.  I like what I came up with but it could use a better ear than mine.

I tried to tap my inner "Butch Vig"...I'm quite sure he would be disappointed with how far he's fallen  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

.mp3    Wickerman.mp3 --  (Download: 2.97 MB)

.mp3    Wickerman_1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 2.97 MB)

Not a bad mix .Your low end seems om point .I would up the backing vox a bit tho , and the no no never again vox line is low too .
v 1.1 uploaded with a few minor changes:
  1. Amplified the "vox4" group (backing vocals part). I see I took a few production liberties.
  2. Amplified the "nev...ver...again part a the end" (vox 6). reduced saturation and moved to odd harmonics.  I think it still plays tricks because the whole track sounds distorted but I'm not registering any clipping at gain staging or at output. If I were being hired I wouldn't leave it like that but for the sake of trying something, I did.
  3. After listening to a few other mixes, added saturation on Kick and Snare to see how it would sound.  Not happy with Kick.  Snare came out OK.

Happy mixing.
Loads better ,the vox levels are pretty spot on now level wise .Got yourself a good mix here now .
Good work .
I like the over all tones. It feels like there's a lot of reverb to me though. Things could be panned out more but that's a personal preference.
I would say same thing as Roy, nice tones on this one.