Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Eat The Feeder - Wickerman
Hi,

My go at this one.

Cheers!

Update: Added mix 1.0 (it's not good...)

Update: Added mix 1.1...

.mp3    Eat The Feeder - Wickerman.mp3 --  (Download: 7.25 MB)

.mp3    Eat The Feeder - Wickerman 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 7.46 MB)

.mp3    Eat The Feeder - Wickerman 1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.25 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Quick one pass listen. The guitars work. I like the sound. I want them to be wider because they take up a lot of real estate. I like the OHs. I think the drums could be heavier. The snare feels good. Maybe it could have more 'ambience'. I want more kick to add to the aggression. The bass needs something. Maybe because it's competing with so much. The vocals feel a little neglected.
It's a solid start. It just needs to grow from here.
I think this one is good. It just misses some highend i think at some places, think mostly in the guitars. Snare is beefy and nice distorted, still even this it seems to have some unpleasant transients at like 2k to my monitoring, this happens to me all the time after i have distorted my snare, hard thing to battle since you loose the tone when taking it away. This got a bit overly "criticised", i think its a good mix, feels more like a mastering issue.
Hi!

Thanks for the comments so far, much appreciated. I've just added mix revision 1.0.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
The first version sounds better on my monitors. There is a bit of 'mud' in the second. This is just my subjective opinion.
Vox are very low for me
Yeah, in v1.0 the vocals need some work, at least the ones that aren't the main vocal tracks. They could be out front more. The bass guitar is really out front and taking up a lot of real estate. At least I think it's just the bass guitar. Maybe it's coupling its another guitar part. It's in the upper lows, like 100-150hz region.
Hi!

Thanks for the comments on mix 1.0.

I guess I was attempting to make it much darker and heavier, but seems I have over done it. Drums start to get a bit lost in the second half of the mix too I think.

I will revert back to the first version and have another stab at it, and try not to go too overboard this time. I'll try and make the vocals a bit louder in the mix too.

Cheers!
Hi,

Ok, added mix 1.1.

Should be the first mix, but a touch darker perhaps, and a bit more, I dunno, coherent or glued or something.

Cheers!