Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mITc's Concerto for Cello and orchestra in A Minor
With each track being a stereo stem and no tracks for the room or house, there really wasn't much to do here but to find a decent reverb to plunk the tracks into. I grouped the tracks as soloists, Strings, Woodwinds, Brass and Percussion so I could add appropriate EQ to those groups which I did using Pultecs. For the solo tracks I opted for the Scheps Omni-Channel to help with presence. On the master buss I used a TDR Limiter and the inline IR based reverb with a 480XL patch with an appropriateĀ reverb length and pre-delay to make it sound real. The groupings allowed for managing sectional mixes with some very minor tweaks on individual track volumes. The soloist tracks did have compression added to allow for easier placement in a dynamic environment. There was a dearth of low end across all tracks which was re-added with the Pultecs and the character of the reverb. I believe this allowed for translating good room character and depth into the mix using that technique.

Have a listen and let me know what you think.

Thanks, and Happy Mixing,
mITc

.mp3    Ethan Winer - Concerto for Cello and Orchestra in A Minor.mp3 --  (Download: 38.12 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]