Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mITc's go - Tears in the Rain
Hello Community,

This project was mostly about getting some depth behind the Gut acoustic and maintaining continuity with the other parts of the ensemble.

What do you think?

Thanks for listening and Happy Mixing,
mITc

.mp3    Rod Alexander - Tears In The Rain.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I kept expecting there to be vocals. I swear there's a song on here with a very similar melody except it's a vocal line.

It sounds great. There's something in the low end that bothers me but I feel like, for whatever reason, it's something I've become sensitive to. Maybe it's a subconscious reminder that I need to diet. There's something in the sub of the kick that feels like it adds too much unneeded energy and I get distracted. Something a slight roll off at 60 hz would fix without hurting anything.. But again I think this is just me.

The lead 'classical' guitar sounds good and the level works. Sometimes it hits a little hard. Like at 2:40. That might be the vibrato guitar reinforcing it though. They sometimes fight each other. I'm live listening so maybe my issue is the vibrato guitar. It's a bit 'forte' @ ≈ 3:15.

I dunno, after a couple of listens the main, melody guitar could be a bit more...in the lime light. I don't think it has to come up or anything but maybe it could be more of the 'star' and other elements step back to give more focus on it.

It all sounds great. I'm nit picking but I do that. It might be louder overall than necessary. I don't hear anything negative or any clipping or distortion but if it were a dB lower that wouldn't probably hurt either.

Good job.

Fake Edit: The song I was thinking of was James May "Hold On You". They have a similar turn around progression.
(21-03-2021, 03:25 PM)RoyM Wrote: I kept expecting there to be vocals. I swear there's a song on here with a very similar melody except it's a vocal line.

It sounds great. There's something in the low end that bothers me but I feel like, for whatever reason, it's something I've become sensitive to. Maybe it's a subconscious reminder that I need to diet. There's something in the sub of the kick that feels like it adds too much unneeded energy and I get distracted. Something a slight roll off at 60 hz would fix without hurting anything.. But again I think this is just me.

The lead 'classical' guitar sounds good and the level works. Sometimes it hits a little hard. Like at 2:40. That might be the vibrato guitar reinforcing it though. They sometimes fight each other. I'm live listening so maybe my issue is the vibrato guitar. It's a bit 'forte' @ ≈ 3:15.

I dunno, after a couple of listens the main, melody guitar could be a bit more...in the lime light. I don't think it has to come up or anything but maybe it could be more of the 'star' and other elements step back to give more focus on it.

It all sounds great. I'm nit picking but I do that. It might be louder overall than necessary. I don't hear anything negative or any clipping or distortion but if it were a dB lower that wouldn't probably hurt either.

Good job.

Fake Edit: The song I was thinking of was James May "Hold On You". They have a similar turn around progression.
Thanks for the review Roy.
I agree the lead gut guitar could be more focused but I do think its placement is pretty close to where it should be. As for the kick drum I left it thumpy because that is the way it was presented. I did bring its level way back so the low end just pushed from the bottom.
Again, thanks for the input and the listen.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]