Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Rescue me" by: Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers (Not Pro Mix)
Give me some advice, these tracks are very challenging, at least for me.

Updated V2

.mp3    Rescue me - Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers V2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

.mp3    Rescue me - Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

They're somewhat challenging tracks to begin with considering they're a live recording and the leakage and all that.

I'm listening as I type and there's nothing that I hate. It feels good. It could be better but as is it works. I really like the energy of the chorus and the background vocals.
The kick is a little loud and may have too much low end but it's hard to tell on the earbuds. Same with the floor tom.
I think overall it feels a little 'cloudy'. There can be more brightness and clarity. Not a lot but it needs a bit more. If this were a meal it would need more salt.
It feels like there's a lot of reverb. I know the electric guitar has a lot already but the mix can be a bit drier and tighter. I think it's probably just on the vocals.

Again it sounds pretty good. You did a good job. It could just use some minor tweaks.
(16-03-2021, 11:07 PM)RoyM Wrote: They're somewhat challenging tracks to begin with considering they're a live recording and the leakage and all that.

I'm listening as I type and there's nothing that I hate. It feels good. It could be better but as is it works. I really like the energy of the chorus and the background vocals.
The kick is a little loud and may have too much low end but it's hard to tell on the earbuds. Same with the floor tom.
I think overall it feels a little 'cloudy'. There can be more brightness and clarity. Not a lot but it needs a bit more. If this were a meal it would need more salt.
It feels like there's a lot of reverb. I know the electric guitar has a lot already but the mix can be a bit drier and tighter. I think it's probably just on the vocals.

Again it sounds pretty good. You did a good job. It could just use some minor tweaks.
Hello Roy, nice to get advice from you. After this I will try to make the V2. Thank you