Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - Hammer Down [Andrey Benassi Mix]
I don't see any posts on him giving anyone mix feedback or contributing to anything on this site . 
I'm a pro mixer here to impress and advertise for free is what i see   .
Its down to Mike how he runs the site but as far as I'm concerned this was blatant from his first post.
(17-03-2021, 06:40 PM)takka360 Wrote: I don't see any posts on him giving anyone mix feedback or contributing to anything on this site . 
I'm a pro mixer here to impress and advertise for free is what i see   .
Its down to Mike how he runs the site but as far as I'm concerned this was blatant from his first post.
Hahaha, dude, you must be kidding me.

I don't need to prove anything to anyone since you're nothing but a member of this forum.
But just to clarify your ideas, I give mix feedback for people who actually are kind with me and looks like will accept it.
I did a feedback in one of your mixes, and actually you didn't accept it good, you remember that?
And I wasn't being rude as you were on your first comment in my mixes.

You aren't the kind of people should be in this forum I think, you don't give enough respect to people.
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
I don't need to prove anything to anyone since you're nothing but a member of this forum? What is everyone one else then ? Your nothing but a member ,I've heard enough from you .There is nothing rude or unkind i have said, I'm stating facts. Your last reply summed you right up .You are the kind of people that shouldn't be on this forum not the likes of me .Get yourself a web site like the other pros do rather than spamming
(17-03-2021, 05:45 PM)RoyM Wrote:
(17-03-2021, 05:09 PM)andreybenassi Wrote: Why don't you report it to Mike?
This is fair advice. If you have an issue report it to Mike. This isn't agreeing or disagreeing with the issue but he's the only one who can judge the situation and either make a decision or at least get some feedback about the situation. Mike may not agree but if you and enough people  present him your opinions on the matter I'm sure he will take it into account and maybe change his mind.

Mike generally gives a lot of leeway. Which I think is for the best but sometimes some accounts (not specifically speaking to this one) gets away with more than we may think is just. Our only options are, report it and to put the account on ignore if you're able to do so. If you feel like they have nothing to offer, it definitely frees up some overall mental processing to not have to read posts from people who offend or bother you. I've found they usually are just looking for an ego boost and get bored.

This advice is more general than specific to this thread's back and forth.

Good point. I've also often wondered if I'm going overboard with my feedback on my band's songs because I'm too direct and honest. At the end of the day, many members on this forum have sometimes put over 20 hours into a mix that I then pick apart after 5 minutes of listening. In many cases I haven't even listened to the songs through my studio speakers, but headphones (which I at least trust). That's why I've often toned down my criticism after I've written it, and yet today I often read comments from the last few years of mine and think: Wow, I couldn't have written that more arrogantly.

My advice: Don't fight over such minor issues, let Mike decide and help each other instead of being hostile to each other.
Meh, I will say Blitzzz, I appreciate your feedback. Though I'll admit it keeps me from mixing or re-approaching mixes I've done of these songs. If I ever have. I forget. You're both knowledgeable of the genre and have rare personal insight in the songs and point out aspects that people would miss or ignore without the artist's feedback. I think all your critiques seem fair. Maybe it'd feel harsh at times but never personal and sometimes a mix is such that it requires a lot of honest analysis. You're doing fine. But it's also cool that you're going back and re-assing what you've said. That's growth.

*E: That was supposed to be 're-assessing' but I'm leaving it.
Quote:Good point. I've also often wondered if I'm going overboard with my feedback on my band's songs because I'm too direct and honest. At the end of the day, many members on this forum have sometimes put over 20 hours into a mix that I then pick apart after 5 minutes of listening. In many cases I haven't even listened to the songs through my studio speakers, but headphones (which I at least trust). That's why I've often toned down my criticism after I've written it, and yet today I often read comments from the last few years of mine and think: Wow, I couldn't have written that more arrogantly.

On that point -

My perspective is that you put a huge amount of hard work and effort in to your band, mixes and tones. You have a clear vision of how you want it to sound. To me your comments and feedback reflect that hard work and effort - rather than arrogance. You always give useful tips too alongside the criticism, from the posts I have read through, to help people to get a better mix. You have also demonstrated you clearly have the experience to back up your comments. Being a band member and mixer, you do have a fairly unique insight into things too.

On a personal note your honest comments on my mixes really helped me a lot to realise how much my mixes do actually suck and actually really did spur me on to think about it and to work much harder. The comments really did inspire me to stick with it, and to work at this.

I do plan to revisit my mixes of your tracks, once my skills have improved enough to do them justice. For me it's something to aim at. A goal if you like. Your general mixing hints and tips posts for your tracks are really good too.

Mixing is hard. Critiquing mixes fairly is also not so easy. We all have a perspective of how that is, and I can say that certainly to me your comments always come across as being fair and well intentioned.

[ Edit: I wrote this out before seeing Roy's post... I agree with Roy!].

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(18-03-2021, 07:54 PM)mikej Wrote:
Quote:Good point. I've also often wondered if I'm going overboard with my feedback on my band's songs because I'm too direct and honest. At the end of the day, many members on this forum have sometimes put over 20 hours into a mix that I then pick apart after 5 minutes of listening. In many cases I haven't even listened to the songs through my studio speakers, but headphones (which I at least trust). That's why I've often toned down my criticism after I've written it, and yet today I often read comments from the last few years of mine and think: Wow, I couldn't have written that more arrogantly.

On that point -

My perspective is that you put a huge amount of hard work and effort in to your band, mixes and tones.  You have a clear vision of how you want it to sound.  To me your comments and feedback reflect that hard work and effort - rather than arrogance.  You always give useful tips too alongside the criticism, from the posts I have read through, to help people to get a better mix.  You have also demonstrated you clearly have the experience to back up your comments.  Being a band member and mixer, you do have a fairly unique insight into things too.

On a personal note your honest comments on my mixes really helped me a lot to realise how much my mixes do actually suck and actually really did spur me on to think about it and to work much harder.  The comments really did inspire me to stick with it, and to work at this. 

I do plan to revisit my mixes of your tracks, once my skills have improved enough to do them justice.  For me it's something to aim at.  A goal if you like.  Your general mixing hints and tips posts for your tracks are really good too. 

Mixing is hard.  Critiquing mixes fairly is also not so easy.  We all have a perspective of how that is, and I can say that certainly to me  your comments always come across as being fair and well intentioned.

[ Edit: I wrote this out before seeing Roy's post... I agree with Roy!].

Cheers!
How dare you outclass me with a better written reply. You've made a powerful enemy today my friend.
Hi!
Very cool mix. Nice balance with all the tracks. 
You used samples on drums? The snare sounds really good.
Cheers!
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(02-04-2021, 06:36 AM)supep Wrote: Hi!
Very cool mix. Nice balance with all the tracks. 
You used samples on drums? The snare sounds really good.
Cheers!
Thanks, man!
Yeah! If I remember it correctly, kick and snare were re-sampled!
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]