Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kangoro - Bitch Is Paranoid
Hi,

Gave it a go.

Cheers!

.mp3    Kangoro - Bitch Is Paranoid.mp3 --  (Download: 7.82 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
What a rude song.
No real complaints. My general want is for the "vocal" to be slightly more aggressive and forward to poke through everything. It's a minor thought, as a song and for the intent and mood of the song it works. I think a little more "phlegm" (1-3khz?, distortion? grit?) in the 'main' vocals would help them just poke forward a bit. There's so much going on that a boost around 2.5-3k might just make the vocals grab the listener's attention more.

Though I'm well out of date with any current reference to a song like this.
Rude indeed. Cheeky track.

Interesting. Every vocal has a 3k boost pretty much. I didn't get the vocals forward as much, so the drums and bass sound a bit louder by contrast. Well, that was the idea anyway. I kind of resisted the temptation to get them a little more upfront. Maybe I should push them up a bit? I might revisit it sometime.

Dunno about refs. I did listen to some My Bad Sister a few months ago tho Smile.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Man I still got to work harder at this...

I guess feel I kind of got everything somewhat in place balance wise, and hitting ok. It's quite a big mix in as much as there is a lot to keep track of and get right. It's easy to miss things.

The library mix is something else though. The balance, eq and effects are all great throughout the track. The weight of the bass, the way the vocals sit in the first verse after the impact of the intro, etc. All the effects hit just right and it all fits together perfectly.

Lots to learn from, and plenty of ideas of things things to work on.

Cheers!
It sounds good to me Smile

But it is true, really a lot to think about to get it "right".