Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mITc's Saga
This well recorded and generally well performed version of The Saga of Harrison Mixbus  er ah...Crabfeathers was a fun little endeavor with a limited set of challenges.

The first issue was the Piano and the second issue was just taming some of the dynamics of the kick, piano and guitar and those were easily addressed with compression of various shape and color. For environment I just put in a 480 XL patch on the 2 buss of a small stage and room and played with a few params until things kind of glued together some. I did nothing to the bass guitar DI. It was fat and happy and I left it there. I liked the way it filled the bottom. The two kick mics were aligned for better tonality and I liked the blend I got on them. I did some crush on the over head buss using a CLA 1176 at 12 db. This controlled the content and allowed for easier eq'ing of the result and gave me the controlled sizzle on the brass I wanted. Easy peasy.

Balances were pretty easy and not much EQ'ing in general was necessary. Mastering included goosing the level and adding some bottom and some top end shnizzle.

That's the story of this sonic saga.
Please listen and enjoy and comments are appreciated.
Happy mixing,
mITc

.mp3    Araujo - The Saga of Harrison Crabfeathers.mp3 --  (Download: 7.86 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]