Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
ul-mix
i hope you like it Big Grin one down alot more to go Tongue the mix is before mastering so bring up the volume.

.mp3    ul-mix DeadRoses andrew-cole.mp3 --  (Download: 3.53 MB)

I really enjoyed listening to your mix. Everything is balanced perfectly. I liked how you kept the vocals up front while still giving them that nice ambience. Notice the snare/brush tap jumped out a little bit during the female vocal part, but beside that, excellent work.
Another good solid balance, uzilevi, and with a nice sense of bloom to the effects. I'd maybe rein in the high frequencies of some of the effects returns, or else just de-ess the sends a little, because I found the drum transients and vocal sibilants seem were spraying around in a slightly distracting way.

As you can tell from my sticky 'info' thread for this multitrack, I'm behind you all the way in your decision to brighten up the piano, because I think this can be done without any serious consequences in terms of obscuring the drums or vocals. However, I wonder whether you might have slightly overdone the EQ nonetheless, because I do find myself wanting a bit more of the low midrange warmth from the raw track.

In general, in fact, this is one area where I think I prefer the preview mix, as there's a definite earthiness about the overall mix texture there which feels like it's been a bit sanitised in your version. I imagine it may also be on account of your cutting rather a lot of low mids from the acoustic guitar as well. Of course, you'll have to work a little harder with automation if you reintroduce that information, because of the need to keep backing instruments out of the way of the vocals, but I think it'd be worth that extra effort.
[quote='Vinnie' pid='69' dateline='1335318319']
I really enjoyed listening to your mix. Everything is balanced perfectly.

i guess by you saying that, it can be made that a track will keep is dinamic and still be good Big Grin

i like alot of dinamic this is what maks the song alive, so in some songs its a good thing and in some its not,if the song maks me smile from inside this is it for me Wink if its good or not its for others to like it or not .again like on james song ,the fill is the guide, and if somthing dont pop to much i live it alone.
thanks for your coment Smile
"star me" so i will know how much you liked it Rolleyes
thanks uzi

(27-04-2012, 08:49 AM)uzilevi Wrote: [quote='Vinnie' pid='69' dateline='1335318319']
I really enjoyed listening to your mix. Everything is balanced perfectly.

i guess by you saying that, it can be made that a track will keep is dinamic and still be good Big Grin

i like alot of dinamic this is what maks the song alive, so in some songs its a good thing and in some its not,if the song maks me smile from inside this is it for me Wink if its good or not its for others to like it or not .again like on james song ,the fill is the guide, and if somthing dont pop to much i live it alone.
thanks for your coment Smile
"star me" so i will know how much you liked it Rolleyes
thanks uzi

Hi Uzi,

I like the way you maintained the dynamics in your mix too. No sure how to star someone, I fairly new at using website like this. Keep the tunes coming I have a lot to learn. Cheers!

Vinnie

(03-05-2012, 04:00 AM)Vinnie Wrote: No sure how to star someone, I fairly new at using website like this.

It's the 'Thread Rating' at the top of the thread. Just click the on the number of stars you want to award the thread/mix.

mike arent you rating too?Smile
uzilevi Wrote:mike arent you rating too?Smile

It's not really my style. In fact, I almost didn't include a rating system on the site, because I never use it on any forum, but in the end I left it in, just in case anyone decided to run a mix-off or something.

(07-05-2012, 04:29 PM)Mike Senior Wrote:
uzilevi Wrote:mike arent you rating too?Smile

It's not really my style. In fact, I almost didn't include a rating system on the site, because I never use it on any forum, but in the end I left it in, just in case anyone decided to run a mix-off or something.

Hi uzilevi, I gave yo a 4 star on this one. Tongue Vinnie Cheers!

(03-05-2012, 05:58 AM)Mike Senior Wrote:
(03-05-2012, 04:00 AM)Vinnie Wrote: No sure how to star someone, I fairly new at using website like this.

It's the 'Thread Rating' at the top of the thread. Just click the on the number of stars you want to award the thread/mix.

Roger that tks Mike! Vinnie
(24-04-2012, 12:56 PM)uzilevi Wrote: i hope you like it Big Grin one down alot more to go Tongue the mix is before mastering so bring up the volume.

I liked! Maybe to much hi frekvencies on vocals! Overal balance is good!