Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers "Im Alright" mix
I'm Alright mix

.mp3    Im Alright 14.02.24.mp3 --  (Download: 6.77 MB)

Love the slap delay on the Vox
(05-04-2022, 08:24 PM)roxa Wrote: I did it again. (Oops!...). It's not a fix of an old mix. I have made it from the beginning. And actually I'm quite happy with the result.
Hello roxa! A very good sounding and balanced mix. My initial listening I did feel that the vocals were a tiny bit loud in the mix, but after listening a couple of times I change my mind. Good job!
A bit more equalization done solely to the busses.
personally really like the tone of this, the guitars sound great, has an analog quality and bit of a live feel, great use of reverb and delays. very bright and very loud but it works. The only ting is the background vocals at times are too loud compared to the lead.
Good point Y's Man, thanks a lot! It should be better now.
I've also found one bass frequency that I didn't like much and it's gone.
The lead guitar's sound is in 90% brought to you by Soundtoys Radiator "Little Tube Amp" preset Smile (rest is an EQ)
Thanks Man
(22-11-2022, 09:39 PM)roxa Wrote: Good point Y's Man, thanks a lot! It should be better now.
I've also found one bass frequency that I didn't like much and it's gone.
The lead guitar's sound is in 90% brought to you by Soundtoys Radiator "Little Tube Amp" preset Smile (rest is an EQ)
Thanks Man
thanks for sharing that i will definately have a look at that plugin, new version still sounds good, having just woke up and i can hear some crunchyringy resonance in the hats which is a little uncomfortable.
Hi Roxa.Instruments dont have low end.(maybe you cleaned them so much.Vocal too) Electric guitars are a bit high.Kick needs more tonal shape.(more tight and low endish)Percussion does not appear in the mix.I think they're so important elements to drive the mix.Hope you like my comments.
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective
(23-11-2022, 06:51 PM)Mammy Wrote: Hi Roxa.Instruments dont have low end.(maybe you cleaned them so much.Vocal too) Electric guitars are a bit high.Kick needs more tonal shape.(more tight and low endish)Percussion  does  not appear in the mix.I think they're so important elements to drive the mix.Hope you like my comments.
Thanks Mammy,
I see your point and I have to agree to some extent. 
I am not happy with the drum sound also. You are right about the kick. Me - I don't like the snare as well. 
But then, I am not ready to put more time into this song. Tired. That mix has been evolving over a long time and I already hate these multitracks (although I still love the song! Smile )

Got also problem with the sound of acoustic guitar (can't specify it - just don't like it) 
But I like the way my lead guitar sounds and yes, there is a hi-pass on it, but that's the way I wanted it.
Bass and piano I can accept too.
Doing it from the beginning, most likely I would use different vocal delays.
Maybe next year Smile
And so Mammy made me do it again...